The Trogear AS-40 Adjustable Bowsprit is made from top of the line carbon fiber and is suited for cruisers, racers, or anyone who flies Asymmetrical Spinnakers and Code 0 sails. The unique AS-40 Adjustable Bowsprit can be deck or anchor roller mounted and the luff tension is adjustable from the cockpit. The AS-40 is suitable for sailboats up to 40 feet.
- Length: 50″ (126cm)
- Weight: 4.1 lbs (1.9 kg)
- Ext. past bow: ~36″ (91.5cm)
- Inside width at hinge: 12.9″ (32.7cm)
- Shaft material: Titanium
- Bushing: Titanium
- Max Asymmetrical Spinnaker: 2000ft2 (186m2)
- Max Code 0: 1600ft2 (150m2)
- *SWL: 4000lbs (1814kg).
The bowsprit comes standard with the following parts for a through-hull installation
- G10 fiberglass hinge tube
- Hinge Shaft: Titanium w/bolts or quick release pin
- Marine grade bolts and washers
- Does not include parts for the bobstay rigging which is customer and boat specific.
*The SWL (Safe Working Load) is the maximum load created by the bobstay on the bowsprit at the attachment point of the bobstay to the bowsprit.